Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
At ix3, we invent new ways of working and develop new solutions.
ix3 is Aker Solutions’ software and digital services company. We combine innovative software with Aker Solutions’ engineering expertise to deliver our customers’ energy ambitions, radically transforming how our customers work and accelerating the industry towards a sustainable, digital future.
The ix3 team works closely with operators to develop software applications that accelerate field development projects and optimize asset integrity, safety and performance. We bring together engineering, manufacturing and test data with live-streamed operational data into Integral™, our operational digital twin platform that provides coherency across assets, data sources and lifecycle phases.
At ix3, we win as one team. We are fast-paced and agile with a culture that centers on teamwork, transparency and a growth mindset. Our employees are empowered to be bold. We work closely with customers and encourage continuous communication and collaboration. For us, this open mindset is fundamental for software development and making operational digital twins valuable assets.
Software in itself does not necessarily add value. To create real value it must be combined with deep domain knowledge and people who are enthusiastic, capable and experienced. We are looking for a life-long learner to be a part of our growing software house.
For our growing product development team in Egersund we are now looking for Software Developers.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
As a Software Developer you will:
- Write efficient and maintainable code with extensive test coverage.
- Be working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, continuous integration and deployment).
- Transform user stories into functional code.
- Actively contribute to software deliveries.
- Develop innovative solutions for the energy industry.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- You have experience with Software Development.
- You have experience with Cloud development, preferably on GCP or Azure.
- You have a relevant Masters degree (or you’re just really good)
- You are familiar with Agile development methodologies
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are curious about new technologies and a life-long learner
- You enjoy working in teams, supporting others and sharing knowledge
You have experience with relevant tools and technologies:
- Google Cloud Platform technology stack and key services
- Java, Python, C#, nodejs
- Angular - Typescript
- Spring(Boot, Framework)
- Database Technology - SQL & NoSQL
- Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes/…)
- RESTful APIs & microservices architecture
- Version Control (git)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with world-class domain experts when developing software