Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Working in the newly formed ix3 at Aker Solutions in Aberdeen, you will be involved in the development of exciting new products using the latest technologies.
At ix3 we invent new ways of working and develop new solutions. Our software portfolio accelerates field development projects, automates engineering and optimizes asset integrity, safety and performance throughout the life of an energy asset.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- As a valued member of a dynamic agile team you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Design, implement and test new functionality in our software products to meet the goals of the company
- Ensure high standards of quality by troubleshooting, maintaining and updating existing software
- Work closely with subject matter experts to ensure software meets use case requirements
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Degree level qualification
- Experience writing software in a commercial environment
- A strong grasp of object oriented design, patterns and principles
- Experience developing web applications and APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Willingness to learn new languages, techniques and tools
Required technical experience:
- Java or C#
- SpringBoot/JPA or Entity Framework
Desirable technical experience:
- REST API development
- Google Cloud or Azure
- Testing with cucumber, Junit, Mockito, Jasmine & Karma
- Previous experience in an enterprise environment with automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solution; global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Alex Mair / 01224 087370 / email@example.com